eveningdrama

Tuesday, December 14, 2004


:: My creativity is being stifled. ::

I'm sitting at a computer, and have found to my horror I have 6 missed calls from a girl I'm dead keen on on my handphone, which was switched to silent so I wouldn't disrupt the clean, quiet sterile environment of Sunstream Consultancies (Where I work). I want to lean back and yawn, but I get the feeling that if I do, I'd have to work overtime for a year before my sign of laziness is forgotten. I want to sing, but I'm worried my co-workers will get annoyed. My assignment in front of me is palatable, but I'm worried I've done it wrong, and I wonder if I should go ask my boss how to do it and risk being a pain in the ass, or not ask him and risk pissing him off even further when I get it wrong.

This is life for most people. I'm not saying it sucks. My dad does this. He throughly enjoys his work. And I suppose it does have its moments. But Its really not for me. I want to write something that I think will make people will laugh or cry. Not a report on whether a new business in Indonesia will be feasible in light of current economic and political conditions there.

A few hundred years after Shakespeare died, his works still live on, to piss off students (I like Shakespeare. The rest of you are barbarians) and thrill literature lovers. In a few hundred years, my report will be outdated, outmoded, and out of mind.

At the same time, I realise that without thousands, millions of people like my dad making the world go round, people like me would be on the streets busking with the street musicians (People won't even pay for a song. I can't imagine trying to sell them a short story). No one cares about a free press or the arts if they're worrying about whether they'll be able to afford dinner.

So if any of you guys ever get a desk job, forget about creativity. I feel like the time I could have sworn my ex was trying to suffocate me with my pillow (Which nearly got me not because I couldn't breathe, but because the girl was tickling me at the same time). Better hope you're good enough to get a record contract. Because this sure as hell will kill you if you don't like it.
So I sit here writing my report. And in a while, I'm gonna sneak off and call that girl before she decides I'm not worth it.

posted by Yang @ 1:18 PM



















Poll:

eveningdrama
Which would you rather eat?
Shit flavored curry
Curry flavored shit
Send this poll to a friend!

Links:

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 

© Copyright 2004 all content Evening Drama.
© Copyright 2004 all graphics and design xen0s.