eveningdrama

Friday, December 17, 2004


:: SocialRitualSexyIntoxication ::

A cynic isn't always a bad thing to have around. Sometimes, they point out things which actually make you think. Of course, you could always call them wet blankets and assholes. I agree with either above sentence.

I had lunch with my housemate yesterday. Being the two sin sodden bastards we both are, we began analysing why its so fun to go to the club. Take me for instance. I never went regularly till sometime the middle of last year. But now, enact prohibition and close the places down, and I'll be right outside picketing the government.

What makes it so appealing? I like the exercise. Dancing burns out a hell load of energy. I like the company. Friends get even matier when they've consumed large quantities of alcohol. I like the preening. You're putting on a show and that's pretty damned fun. I like the music. Loud music, when its any good, with large amounts of people makes for dancing obviously. I like the booze. Alcohol is fun. No one should tell you otherwise. And of course, we have members of the opposite sex. Need I say more?

That's how I would explain why I go. My housemate is a cynic. This is his explanation.

We go because its the one place we can look damned good, show it off and know damned well you won't get sneered at for being arrogant. We go because the significant amount of booze we consume lowers the average level of inhibition in the girls we see there. We go because its the one place you can wink at a girl who's dressed in clothing in holes in all the right (or wrong, if you're prissy) places and get some kind of reaction back. We go because the music and the dancing gives us an excuse to rub ourselves in entirely inappropriate ways against the girls. And do all this basically because we're animals who just have more complex and layered social/mating rituals.

It made me laugh, and made me think at the same time. It might sound ridiculous the way he put it, but it was just a less tactful/polite/indirect way of saying what I said.

The same night I was drinking and dancing Zouk. I decided half way through my eighth drink, that hell, we're both right, and hell, being right felt damned good.

BTW, bappy B'day GeoWongYT. Welcome to 19. Welcome to the last year, of the rest of your teenage life. Make sure its a good oneO_o

posted by Yang @ 10:26 AM



















Poll:

eveningdrama
Which would you rather eat?
Shit flavored curry
Curry flavored shit
Send this poll to a friend!

Links:

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 

© Copyright 2004 all content Evening Drama.
© Copyright 2004 all graphics and design xen0s.