eveningdrama

Friday, February 18, 2005


:: Only in Singapore... ::

hahaha, I feel a little guilty letting George post all by his lonesome. So here's my contribution.

I got off late from work today. I've gone white collar, for all those of you who don't keep in touch (why don't you anyways, you lazy bastards), and I work 9 to 9. So getting off late means about 930-10ish. I take public transport. To get home I take the MRT, then hop over to the bus. If you want a in depth description of what Singapore public transport is like, I'm sure one of the ED-Sing trip guys will be more than happy to tell you.

So anyways, I'm half asleep, and I'm just standing like a zombie in front of the MRT doors while there's this crowd of pple around me. Suddenly, there's an announcement.

"We apologise, but there have been some technical difficulties with the North South Line towards Jurong East via Woodlands"

The moment I heard this, I wanted to just start screaming. I was tired, I still had clients calling and emailing me so I needed to get back to my PCAnywhere equipped laptop, I wanted to shower, I wanted to hear a sympathetic voice from a girl whose opinions matter, and I just wanted to go home.

Before I could go mental and start killing people with the sawnoff shotgun hidden in my pants, I realised the announcement wasn't quite finished.

"We regret to inform you, due to these technical difficulties, that the train will be delayed by three minutes. We once again apologise for any inconvenience caused."

I've never been so happy or so amazed in my life.

I'm sure if any of you guys living in KL had been there you'd have felt the same.

I can imagine our LRT announcer doing something quite different.

"We regret to inform you the LRT train which was due in an hour ago on platform four has derailed, and paramedics are still attempting to detangle the bodies from the wreckage. No refunds will be given. Screw you for being stupid enough to take anything built by the Malaysian government, and have a crappy day"

Fine, I'm exaggerating. But I could never imagine receiving an apology because my train was late three minutes anywhere else other than Singapore.

posted by Yang @ 2:04 AM



















Poll:

eveningdrama
Which would you rather eat?
Shit flavored curry
Curry flavored shit
Send this poll to a friend!

Links:

Powered by Blogger

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 

© Copyright 2004 all content Evening Drama.
© Copyright 2004 all graphics and design xen0s.